Thursday, February 17, 2011

What is the hourly cost of non-medical home care for an elderly person? Please answer with a rate and area.?

My mother is 90 years old and in excellent health except for having a broken hip in March. She needs help with bathing, laundry, cooking meals and a number of everyday things. We are looking to hire someone for a couple hours a day for 5 days per week. What should we expect them to pay for this type of care? She lives in rural areas in South Carolina. I checked this yesterday at $ 16.50 per hour was a charge for all car trips in Texas, it is about the normal price. If we see someone sitting with my mother two years ago it was $ 15 per hour was in Oregon, Washington, about $ 20 per hour. I can assure you that it is not easy to find. Unfortunately, the most likely source (Sahm) was hard to look for this type of work. Have you checked with your local social services? Even if we had to pay for their services, the elected provincial people make sure they were safe to go in the house of an elderly person. Also consider some counties require a person with a disability to have certain qualifications and training due to medical problem I have (wheelchair) preparing meals for my grandmother to more than a year through the preparation of meals that could be frozen. Everything to do, he was removed from the freezer and throw it in the microwave or toaster. As for cost, I'd pay at least $ 15 per hour today (I live in the suburbs of the outer ring of MPLS), paid directly by the county. You control the taxes so (thank God). You see, you can not pay what the hour. The man must be a list of employees and the federal government and employers pay taxes as well. It's more like $ 8-9/hour (plus taxes) in rural MN. $ 20.00 Idaho baking time, etc. If you can eat and shop preparation is not done in 2 hours a day, meanwhile, expecially if you have laundry and dry cleaning and showers. I worked in a group home for several months, and all I did was cook and clean up the mess and dishes and worked 12.14 hours a day, a person needs time. Hope this helps a little. I have also shown in CPR / First aid and medical services without a license. I work for an elder law firm in New Jersey. health aides at home here range in the $ 13 to $ 25/per hour, depending on individual needs and the amount of care required. It would be better for you to contact South Carolina Department of Aging, or go online and click the site SC.Gov Aging and Disability directory services. A friend of mine does this for a living, and she earned $ 18 an hour. Sarasota, FL. She is not really qualified to do anything medical. In St. Louis, Missouri, doctors insist on a minimum of four hours and charge between 18.00 and $ 20.00/hr I can use an agency to provide care of my mother (74). It is one of 4 hours. minimum of $ 78.00. I worked in a group home for several months, and all I did was cook and clean up the mess and dishes and worked 12.14 hours a day, a person needs time. Hope this helps a little. I have also shown in CPR / First aid and medical services without a license. I work for an elder law firm in New Jersey. health aides at home here range in the $ 13 to $ 25/per hour, depending on individual needs and the amount of care required. It would be better for you to contact South Carolina Department of Aging, or go online and click the site SC.Gov Aging and Disability directory services. A friend of mine does this for a living, and she earned $ 18 an hour. Sarasota, FL. She is not really qualified to do anything medical. In St. Louis, Missouri, doctors insist on a minimum of four hours and charge between 18.00 and $ 20.00/hr I can use an agency to provide care of my mother (74). It is one of 4 hours. minimum of $ 78.00.

0 comments:

Post a Comment