Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ideas needed for 'activities with elderly care home residents'.?

I have recently published Activities Coordinator hired at a nursing home for the elderly. Some of them have dementia, some of them are completely dependent on a wheelchair and help in everything they do and some are quite good, except for its elderly. I have not previously done this job and I'm having trouble getting the ball and remember so many people! I would like some ideas from someone pleeeease love. Thanks:) Hi, I'm an employee seems to care for common, they talk about experiance different things to work on support for the elderly. Dominos and the pattern is usually a good activity to fill their time, as many older people would have played it in their spare himself. I once created an activity for periods of time, we find the pictures and graded life events (key on, such as marriages, births, grandchildren, etc), then additional data on special days, ie retirement date or anything else that is special about them. Choir and entertainment run by the elderly themselves are a great way to get people out of themselves, ie when used someone to play piano, guitar or whatever. You can also order a local school / Brownies / Scouts to put a little show for them to organize? Hope it helps. Good Luck x Some might play Monopoly or cards with them, and some were able to draw pictures with crayons. And there are games that I used at summer camp to play around the fire: one person starts a story and then another, and it wanders until it is really fun. And make the background music from the 50s to 80 years (or radio oldies). I had a list of companies years ago and has been the most rewarding work I've ever had. Let me first say that these brave people deserve respect for all. Many times they are treated like children and talked. Now for the fun. I looked at the books about caring for patients to see what types of activities they had done in the past. It was boring, so I took three days to introduce myself to all residents to know and asked what activities they would like to do, and had another suggestion. I started the day with a group in the dining room. We had coffee, juice, fruit and pastries are served. That would have the local daily newspaper and read the headlines. If someone was interested in knowing the details, I will read the full article. Really seemed to enjoy and keep abreast of local events, state, national and international. Many have lost their vision to the point that it is difficult to read, but was very interested in listening to me read the newspaper. (Do not forget the sports section) of therapy pet is a wonderful experience for residents. There are many good people who donate their time to get into a dog or cat for a visit. Some residents were evacuated people a lot, but responded well to animals. It was boring, so I took three days to introduce myself to all residents to know and asked what activities they would like to do, and had another suggestion. I started the day with a group in the dining room. We had coffee, juice, fruit and pastries are served. That would have the local daily newspaper and read the headlines. If someone was interested in knowing the details, I will read the full article. Really seemed to enjoy and keep abreast of local events, state, national and international. Many have lost their vision to the point that it is difficult to read, but was very interested in listening to me read the newspaper. (Do not forget the sports section) of therapy pet is a wonderful experience for residents. There are many good people who donate their time to get into a dog or cat for a visit. Some residents were evacuated people a lot, but responded well to animals. It was boring, so I took three days to introduce myself to all residents to know and asked what activities they would like to do, and had another suggestion. I started the day with a group in the dining room. We had coffee, juice, fruit and pastries are served. That would have the local daily newspaper and read the headlines. If someone was interested in knowing the details, I will read the full article. Really seemed to enjoy and keep abreast of local events, state, national and international. Many have lost their vision to the point that it is difficult to read, but was very interested in listening to me read the newspaper. (Do not forget the sports section) of therapy pet is a wonderful experience for residents. There are many good people who donate their time to get into a dog or cat for a visit. Some residents were evacuated people a lot, but responded well to animals. It was boring, so I took three days to introduce myself to all residents to know and asked what activities they would like to do, and had another suggestion. I started the day with a group in the dining room. We had coffee, juice, fruit and pastries are served. That would have the local daily newspaper and read the headlines. If someone was interested in knowing the details, I will read the full article. Really seemed to enjoy and keep abreast of local events, state, national and international. Many have lost their vision to the point that it is difficult to read, but was very interested in listening to me read the newspaper. (Do not forget the sports section) of therapy pet is a wonderful experience for residents. There are many good people who donate their time to get into a dog or cat for a visit. Some residents were evacuated people a lot, but responded well to animals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment