Sunday, February 20, 2011

How can I find in-home care for my elderly mother with dementia?

My mother suffers from dementia and needed someone to stay with her, remember to take medication and care for her. She lives in Mississippi. Where I can start looking and how I can get the lowest price? Try some home care agencies in the area of health information. Www.aplaceformom.com happened. It's free, and they were very helpful. Talk to people in their local area Agency on Aging office. The information will be free, because we are a nonprofit organization. Have contacts with leading health care agencies, nursing homes, etc, and are very useful. Here is some information about his office in Batesville, Mississippi. I'm sure he can give the correct phone number for the community of her mother. North Delta Area Agency on Aging PO PO Box 1488 Batesville, MS 38,601 to 1.488 Ann Marie Ross (662) 561-4100 or 1-800-844-2433 Miss Philippi served counties: Coahoma, Desoto, Panola, Quitman, Tallahatchie, Tate, Tunica, you can ask her doctor, he instructs part of Medicare to pay for a certain time, or call the County Health Department and ask them about. Many municipalities have someone who knows about the elderly, the health department know about it as well. Or call people at home, they can tell if they are satisfied with a particular group. Sometimes nursing homes or hospitals coordinator can give you ideas. I would start with her health. They can give you the names of the dwellings they've got good references. I worked for an agency for 6 years. The body will have about $ 20 per hour, while the girl who comes in will be $ 8 I really loved the work. Each agency has its own policy as 2 or 3 hours minimum per day or week. You can also check with your local senior center and talk to people who had nursing home Another idea is in the hospital. Call and talk to your geriatric social worker who can guide you in the right direction. Another possibility is to call a couple who live in households assisted. It also has a list and can give a couple of names and numbers. Good luck to both .

0 comments:

Post a Comment